Errata in "A Course on the Web Graph"
Here is a list of known errors or misprints, and some fixes.
- Page xi in the Preface: The correct URL for the book is: http://www.math.ryerson.ca/~abonato/webgraph.html
- Page 5, line -8: "in a path" should be "in G"
- Page 5, line -4: in the statement of Lemma 1.2, the inequality should be replaced by "...contains a cycle of length at least delta(G) + 1."
- Page 8, Figure 1.3: alpha(G) = 2
- Page 21, lines -6 and -5: a better definition would be that G is sparse if the average degree is O(|V(G)|).
- Page 34, line 21: the correct reference is Exercise 22
- Page 34, 2nd displayed equation: to be a probability, this term should be divided by 2 to the power of n choose 2.
- Page 35, Theorem 3.1: it should be n > 1.
- Page 37, item (2) of Theorem 3.3. The function f is real- not integer-valued. The definition of f(m) is missing a factor of 2^n. The final line should read "If m is a positive integer chosen so that ..."
- Pages 39-40: in properties P2, P3, and P6, replace e(G) by e(V(G)).
- Page 43, last displayed line: missing a factor of 2^n.
Page 174: in , the correct reference should be to 46 (1895) of Mathematische Annalen, 481-512