Applied Mathematics (MSc)
For further information on deadline dates, English language proficiency and the online application, please visit or contact the Graduate Admissions Office at www.ryerson.ca/graduate/admissions.
Minimum Academic RequirementTo be considered for admission to our program, candidates must have:
- Graduated from a four-year Bachelor of Science degree in mathematics or related fields involving adequate mathematical course work.
- Achieved a minimum 3.0/4.33 (B or equivalent) averagein the last two years of study.
Program Specific Documents
Statement of Interest
You are required to submit a brief statement (about 500 words in length) that should address the following:
- your reasons for graduate study in Applied Math;
- the research interest(s) you may wish to pursue;
- how your previous studies and experience have prepared you for the program; and
- your career objectives and how this degree program relates to them. Please note: Your research interests will be examined by faculty to determine whether they are willing to serve as your supervisor.
Please submit a curriculum vitae detailing your education, work experience, technical skills, awards and publications.
Letter of Recommendation
A minimum of TWO Letters of Recommendation are required for each application. The two recommendations should be from academic referees - former professors or research supervisors familiar with applicant's abilities. One recommendation may be substituted with a professional letter from a previous employer.
To review a listing of all required documents, please refer to the Material Checklist